Cost: Riding On Insulin is proud to kick off its sixth year offering action sports programs for T1Ds worldwide. We are committed to ensuring broad access to these programs. It’s also important that we have the means to maintain our high quality level of support for a growing number of participants.
You choose the Tier Price that makes sense for your family. If the registration fee remains a challenge, we also offer a limited number of Scholarships. For more information or to apply for a scholarship, click here.
*All prices shown in NZD!
Tier 3: $110 NZD
o We are proud to offer this option for families, understanding that the cost of simply living with T1D can be massive. We know — we live with it, too.
o Heavily Subsidized
Tier 2: $175
o Partially Subsidized
o You’re able to pay $65 more toward a registration fee than Tier 3. We appreciate your gift. This extra money allows us to fund the Tier 3 pricing attendees, as well as additional scholarships to camp.
Tier 1: $250
o Lightly Subsidized
o You’re able to pay $75 more toward a registration fee than Tier 2. We appreciate your gift. This extra money allows us to fund the Tier 3 and Tier 2 pricing attendees, as well as additional scholarships to camp.
Self-Subsidized – $450
o Not subsidized at all
o All costs of Riding On Insulin considered, it costs about $450 per child to run a Riding On Insulin camp. Could you take your own child skiing or snowboarding for less than this? Yes. Will your experience include a team of nurses, volunteers, and role models living with T1D, and an enthusiastic staff ready to make it a day you and your child will never forget? Probably not! Whatever you choose, know that every little bit helps — and we considering everyone who registers, no matter the cost a part of the ROI family!
- 1 lift ticket for the participant
- 1 lunch for the participant
- 1 dessert for the participant
- Rental gear (helmet/skis/boots/poles or helmet/snowboard/boots) — you must select this FREE option on the registration!
- Snacks throughout the day
- Ski/snowboard instruction and supervision from the Riding On Insulin team
- Parent participation (optional) in a parent networking session while the kids are out skiing/riding
- An ROI T-shirt
- The chance to learn a new sport (or develop existing abilities) with others who are JUST LIKE YOU!
What’s NOT Included:
- Rental jackets, mittens, wrist guards, or snow pants (available through Snowplanet upon your arrival)
- Lunch for any non-participating children (available for an extra charge)
- Lunch for parents (available for an extra charge)
- Additional lift tickets for parents or family members (available for an extra charge)
- Supervision/Instruction for non-participating family members
- Transportation to and from the location