Do you know of an inspirational child or young adult with type ONE diabetes? If so, please nominate them for the DANII Foundation Child of Courage Award. Submit your Nomination HERE
This year we are choosing 2 children, aged 3 to 15, who will receive the Justin Melvey award and 2 young adults aged 16 to 30 who will receive the Jack Newton award for their tremendous courage in dealing with their type ONE diabetes. They will be awarded their trophy and prizes at this year’s DANII World Diabetes Day Celebration on 14th November at an evening cocktail reception to be held at the new Medtronic Diabetes Australia Head-Office at 5 Alma Rd, Macquarie Park NSW 2113 by our well known Celebrity Ambassador Justin Melvey.
Rod Kafer Young Diabetes Ambassador of the 21st Century Award 2017
Today’s Youth; Tomorrow’s Leaders
The DANII Foundation Rod Kafer Young Ambassadors of the 21st Century Award program is part of the DANII Opportunities for Youth initiative. The mission of DANII Opportunities for Youth is:
“To provide the young people of the world with opportunities for achievement, learning, contribution and service, individually and collectively, through sponsorship of activities identified as best practices in the field of youth development.”
By example and through encouragement, DANII plays an important role in fostering leadership qualities and community service commitment in young people. The DANII Foundation Young Ambassadors of the 21st Century Award program expands opportunities to inspire and recognise outstanding youth.
The award recognises young people (suggested ages 16-30) for their outstanding community service involvement, leadership accomplishments, mentoring skills and personal achievement.
The DANII Foundation Young Ambassadors Award offers youth these benefits:
- Encourages them to seek experience in community involvement, leadership and public speaking in pursuit of creating a VOICE for the type ONE diabetes Youth Community
- Broadens awareness of community service opportunities and organisations
- Sharpens interview and communication skills
- Recognises the value of their achievements
- Young Ambassador appointment with media opportunities for 12 months
Benefits for the DANII Foundation
The Young Ambassadors Award offers DANII these benefits:
- Furthers the DANII Foundation motto, “Together we can make a Difference,” by encouraging young people to pursue community service involvement and aspire to creating a VOICE for the type ONE diabetes community. Submit your Nomination HERE