DANII’s Type ONE diabetes vision is DREAM-BIG! Our work is now reaching more in Education…
Dear DANII Friends
TODAY we finally deliver #DANIIsGift!!! #CGM4ALL
DANII Foundation is delighted to announce “officially” Government subsidised access to Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) for all Australians living with Type 1 diabetes is finally here, which means our entire Australian Type 1 diabetes community is now eligible to access CGM at a reduced cost of only $32.50 per month!
Details of this exciting CGM Subsidy Initiative and HOW to Access…
Q1. How can I access CGM via this initiative?
There are two pathways in which you can access subsidised Continuous Glucose Monitoring
- Existing CGM users can qualify for streamlined access if they:
o are an active user of CGM which you either self-fund or have a DANII Foundation CGM Scholarship and you have accessed and have been receiving the product directly from the supplier between 1 January 2022 and 1 June 2022, and
o will be continuing to use the same CGM device
If you meet the above requirements, the process is as follows:
- You will need to access the CGM expansion form HERE
- Validate your NDSS registration details using your Last Name and NDSS number
- Complete the online form to confirm their contact details and the CGM device you are currently using AND consent to the information they have provided to be validated with the device supplier
- NDSS will then contact the supplier to confirm validation
- Once validated, you will receive a notification from NDSS. Following this, you will be able to order and collect subsidised CGM products from your local NDSS Access Point/Pharmacy
If you do not meet the requirements of an ‘existing active’ user, you will need to follow the ‘New User’ process, as detailed below:
- You will need to review the eligibility criteria available HERE and speak to your Health Care Professional (HCP) to determine which CGM is right for you.
- You and your HCP will then need to complete the relevant Access Form found HERE *Note – The form needs to be signed by your HCP
- Diabetes Australia will then contact your to confirm eligibility for access to the Government subsidised CGM product
- The initial CGM kit will be sent to your HCP for start and guidance
- Following on from here, you will then be able to order and collect subsidised CGM products from your local NDSS Access Point/Pharmacy
Q2. How can I switch from one CGM product to another via this initiative?
If you are already using a subsidised CGM and want to switch to another product, you will simply need to speak with your HCP, and visit HERE for a switch form. You will need the help of your HCP to help you complete and sign the required form.
Ten long years of pounding on the doors of Politicians and walking the corridors of Parliament House! DANII Foundation friends, together with Danii’s Army have raised funds and provided hundreds of CGM Scholarships since we created the DANII Foundation. To say the least, we are elated about this life-changing and life-saving initiative.
DANII Foundation looks forward to working with the Department of Health, fellow diabetes support networks,
Clinicians, diabetes educators, pharmacists and wholesalers on the implementation of this long-awaited reform to the National Diabetes Services Scheme.
DANII Foundation’s Vision and Mission continues in providing Technology Support for those most in need. We know for many families the cost of Insulin Pumps that can now blue-tooth to the Continuous Glucose Monitors is still very much financially out of reach. DANII will continue to support this needy T1D Community into better, safer living with technology.
It is our foundation belief that all adults and children diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes as well as those with Type 2 diabetes who are insulin dependent should receive structured education about glucose self-monitoring. All Australians with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes should be able to access diabetes self-management education and support programs.
DANII will continue to work with our Expert Medical Teams to create and run these much needed Education
programmes. These programmes we aim to include head-space well-being. DANII will continue to advocate for a Type 1 Diabetes Voice.
There is much still to do in this space. Today we have much to celebrate #DANIIsGift!
I take this opportunity to THANK YOU for your Support over 10 Years and look forward to continuing our Journey together.
As Albert Einstein once said “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving”